The Story of MAAN - A novel by cc_Architect

General News forum. Please only use for important News & Announcements, as the topics will be listed on the News block of the Portal.
Forum rules
Do not create new posts in this forum unless it is an important announcement pertaining to the MAAN clan or its members. Topics posted here will be shown in the News block of the Portal page. Thanks for your cooperation!

The Story of MAAN - A novel by cc_Architect

Postby cc_Architect » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 pm

If you go to the PSU forums ( link <HERE> ) and read the first post by djc31205 (aka me) it reads:
...Not really much of a clan, just trying to get a list of married guys who play and want to play in matches together.

....Just post your PSN. If you send a friend request just put MAAN in the place where you can type. This way we all know who you are. I'm not requiring any work (unless someone wants to set it up), just a way of all of us knowing who's playing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came into the PSU forum world in Aug '07 looking for information on COD3. I made a home there for a couple of months goofing off with some of those guys. I then started the "Construction Crew". Which was a group of 3 guys (two of whom were married) who worked together at an Architecture Firm in Florida. They became my alter egos and would conversate back and forth.

When I noticed a lot of the COD3 guys were dropping the game for Warhawk I decided to take a look at that forum. Soon after that my wife bought me Warhawk and I started playing as 4 different people. I was on the forums and noticed a lot of immature kids talking and annoying the hell out of me. I tried to join a clan of forum members, but it was too hectic. That lasted about 3 days. I wanted to play with/against guys of my situation. Married and not completely devoted to stats and ranking up. So on the 5th day of October 2007, the MAAN Clan was born.

As you can read in the first post, I just wanted to get a list of married guys who play Warhawk. Someone (the 3rd post) commented on the fact that I had "...just cut the population in 1/100!!!". Boy was he wrong. BD (aka bdasa) was the 12th post asking to count him in. BuddyChrist was the 21st saying, "You know I'm in" and Yurodivuie was the 24th post. So I started adding players as they posted that they were married and playing Warhawk. We didn't really move forward too much very fast.

As my thread kept getting barried I'd use the "Construction Crew" to bump it without being obvious. As the weeks went by we would goof off, but would rarely ever play with/against each other. I would continue to use the CC guys to keep the thread alive. Every now and again I would get a stragler saying, "hey I'm married add me. My psn id is.....", but I would never hear from them again.

I even got an official MAAN sig that was now displayed with DC, Architect, and Carpenter. Sorry, BD I never did get around sending that to you. As time went on more serious players started trickling in. Mateo, Tigerhawk, Nevare, Dizzy (officially Grandfathered in) and Pickett. Now a month later the MAAN thread started taking a new life. It became a reality. The MAAN Clan was more than just a "Clan", it was becoming a society for us married guys to share our experiences.

As you will all attest to, the next month was a riot. Adding new recruits, left and right. Our clan was moving forward faster than I could send the invites. My "I'll play Warhawk when I'm in the mood", became "Man, I can't wait to get on and play with the guys, damn, it's only 2:30!!". Warhawk for me took on a whole new meaning. And it was only going to get bigger. Thanks to BD.

At 11:48am on Dec. 4th, post #360 BD brings up the idea that all of us had been wanting, just never asked. To quote: "This "so-called" clan seems to be taking a life of its own. If somebody out there with some computer savvy had the time/desire/knowledge to set up a web page, it might be helpful. Right now its kind of hard to see who is/isn't in already." So there the idea was planted. All we needed was someone with the right "water" to make it grow. We had a couple of people step up and say they would try, but it never took off. But the one that stuck was two days later, post #543 by StPaddy: "In the meantime, I started a forum for the MAAN clan."

Then came COD4. Some of our wives had given us the game for Christmas, but we were a little reluctant to play because we were worried that it would take away fromt the great Warhawk fun that we were having. So on Dec. 27 MAAN was ready to expand to COD4. I created a thread on the PSU forums and it took a little while but as the thread stayed on the first few pages the guys slowly came out of their shell to step up and be a real MAAN. Dirtbagg66 was the first to answer the call, then fat_eld, randombeat, and bergen007 soon to follow. We started adding players on a daily basis and haven't looked back since. Even with the shabby online setup that COD4 gives us we still are able to game together. COD4 also gave us our first "Promotions" to Co-VP's or Field Commanders. Scubasam21 and Jeff257 graciously accepted the role and have been a good choice ever since. We have nearly 90 MAAN members playing COD4 now and always looking to expand.

I look back thru all of that and am amazed. My first post there was on Oct. 5th, 2007. Just over five months later we have our own website, over 200 registered users, over 16,000 post, over 60 members in Warhawk, nearly 130 members in COD4 and on our way to gaming and console expansion. I am very pleased to see the cohesiveness that we all play with. Even when we are getting destroyed by our own members, we still have a higher respect about it. In a very short amount of time we have become a close-knit group that will do whatever we have to for the fellow MAAN. It's good to know that there are many of us out there. I can only imagine what is to come from this. Maybe an Official MAAN Meeting somewhere where we can all travel to meet. Maybe Vegas. LOL No, I don't want it to become the No longer-MAAN Clan.

Again it's a pleasure to play with all of you and I will look forward to meeting many more. Thank You.

-Derek-
Last edited by tastyfish on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updating PSU Forum link
[ img ]
PSN ID: cc_Architect
Official MAAN Merchandise at http://www.cafepress.com/maan_clan and http://www.zazzle.com/cc_architect
cc_Architect
Founder of MAAN
Founder of MAAN

Re: The Story of MAAN - A novel by cc_Architect

Postby KwikAg » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:04 pm

I finally had/took the time to look through the original forum postings. I was amazed to find that I was skimming through the gameplay descriptions to see when the next current MAAN member (you're all a bunch of members!) would show up. What an amazing timeline of "the evolution of MAAN!"
KwikAg
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby ipd19 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:50 pm

As I have said before. It is a pleasure to play with all of you. I could not ask for a better bunch of friends, YES, friends to play with. I remember when I tried to join the first week of November i asked djc31205 if I could Join, he said yes and I waited A MONTH AND A HALF for a MAAN tag. Finally found out MAAN had a web site went and "joined" again. This time cc_Architect welcomed me with open arms (That djc31205 still never got back to me) ;) So let me raise a glass to all of you and say thank you for making this a great experience. :beers:
ipd19
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby BD-61 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 am

:beers: to all, and thanks for the honorable mentions in the story Archie.
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes, it rains. Think about it."
[ img ]
BD-61
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Cabot500 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Yeah fellas - kudos for the vision to start something like this. I for one can say that my gaming experience now is MUCH better (and more addictive!) than ever before. It's also a nice feeling to know that if we move into other games, we're not starting all over again and there will be MAAN there too. Who woulda thought that this would become so popular? We've got a great group of guys in this clan and I'm proud to be part of it. Thanks for all the hard work and for this community of friend.
Cabot500
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby Sirbob » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 pm

With out a doubt this is one of the best things I could've done to fuel my additction of gaming. I never really enjoyed playing online because of all the immaturity that has over thrown the online community. To find a group of guys that have the same interests and requirements makes this MAAN clan more of a family to me than anything. I'm getting weepy so it's time to :gun: :guns:
Sirbob

Postby hellasmoke » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for giving nagged gamers a place to call home Archi, and also I would like to say damn you...my playstation post count is hurting...lol I was really looking forward to playing with you guys...and low and behold now I am and I cant say enough about how cool everyone here has been. Behind every great MAAN is a great Leader known as Archi...thanks brother.. :2cents: :2cents:
hellasmoke

Postby BuddyChrist37 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:04 pm

I couldn't think of a better group of guys...not in the gay way.
Sent from repositioning the transmission dish on the remote truck to 17.32 degrees east, hit WESTAR 4 over the Atlantic, bounce the signal back into the aerosphere up to COMSAT 6, beam it back to SATCOM 2 transmitter number 137 and back, using Tapatalk
BuddyChrist37
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Sirbob » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:11 pm

BuddyChrist37 wrote:I couldn't think of a better group of guys...not in the gay way.

I mentioned not being gay and Arch said he didn't want to be around in my head.......tell me that doesn't sound gay? :mean:
Sirbob

Postby StPaddy81 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:58 pm

dragunsmoke wrote:I mentioned not being gay and Arch said he didn't want to be around in my head.......tell me that doesn't sound gay? :mean:

at least he didn't say something about your head being around in him...
PSNID: StPaddy81 | Playing: Black Ops 2, NHL 12
StPaddy81
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby rebel_INC » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Casper and I are going to write a story about our sub clan...it will be one sentence long.

:mean:
rebel_INC
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Sirbob » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:04 am

StPaddy81 wrote:
dragunsmoke wrote:I mentioned not being gay and Arch said he didn't want to be around in my head.......tell me that doesn't sound gay? :mean:

at least he didn't say something about your head being around in him...

Would he say it.Kinda like if i ask, "if i duck taped you naked to a tree in the woods would you tell any one?" How do you answer that? :shock:
Sirbob

Postby casper1775 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:31 am

rebel_INC wrote:Casper and I are going to write a story about our sub clan...it will be one sentence long.

we the ONLY real asshats of MAAN started the subclan to show that we dont really have a job and to make the leader Laugh.. :asshat:
[ img ]
2011 MAAN NFL League Champion!..
casper1775
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby hellasmoke » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:55 am

rebel_INC wrote:Casper and I are going to write a story about our sub clan...it will be one sentence long.

once there was this boy who...lol
hellasmoke

Postby Zombie-007 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks for planting the seed Archie. It has been fun.

BTW, in your PSU MAAN thread: Page 8 (10/9/07), Zombie-007 rises from the dead!!!

THANKS for the good times!
Zombie-007
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby PlayAngry » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:26 am

This is way late, but I too thank you Arch for giving us a place to be kids and act like :asshat: 's. This has been by far the coolest thing I've ever done video game wise. I look forward to firing up the PS3 every night and playing CoD with my "computer friends" as my wife calls you all. Then checking this website throughout the day for updates on the news and witty (and often grammatically butchered) bantor from :asshat: land. To think this started as on post on a forum in October of 2007 and see what it is now is simply amazing.
PlayAngry

Postby Mole-19 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Arch you are my hero :beers:
Mole-19

Postby cc_Architect » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Thanks guys. It's really cool to watch this MAANland expand and grow. Just think what kind of asshatery we are going to get into next. All the characters here is what make MAAN my second home and you guys my "virtual" friends. But if any of you were close by, I'm sure we'd all get into way too much trouble and be grounded most of the time anyways.

:beers: to you guys!!!
[ img ]
PSN ID: cc_Architect
Official MAAN Merchandise at http://www.cafepress.com/maan_clan and http://www.zazzle.com/cc_architect
cc_Architect
Founder of MAAN
Founder of MAAN

Postby TDL4LIFE » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:42 pm

:beers: Right back at cha :!:
TDL4LIFE
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Postby Waltah81 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:55 am

great thread, what an awesome group we have and will continue to have in the future.
Waltah81
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Next

Return to News & Announcements