COD WWII beta impressions

All discussion related to COD: WWII

COD WWII beta impressions

Postby Presti71 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:06 am

Ok, a bunch of us played the beta last night, & now it's time to vent, for those who aren't going to be in the beta, but are curious about it.

My thoughts:
Wow, when they said "old school" COD, I was picturing MW, maybe World at War!
NO, this is Old School going all the way back to Call of Duty 2!
Even the menus/UI look Straight out of the 90's! :)
Seriously, this is as Old School COD as you can get. I haven't played a Shooter like this in so long that it's jarring!

The Graphics: they're fine. Not great by today's standards but they fit the game & look good to me.

The Maps: There's 3 maps in the beta...and they're small, really small. Gameplay is fast, & requires constant movement as enemies can get behind you very fast, in fact, sometimes it feels like there's always someone behind you. The small maps make Domination mode more difficult, & will require teamwork & communication as enemies will be on a point you just took in seconds.

The Weapons: didn't get to try out a lot, but so far I like the weapons. They feel good, look good, & sound good to me.

Ok, my final thoughts/nitpicks: There's some old school Shooter stuff in this game that I really wasn't looking forward to coming back, no. 1 being Bunny Hopping!
Bunny Hopping is back 110% & if you Hate Fighting enemies that jump constantly, be prepared. Be prepared for enemies that go from Bunny Hopping Straight into Prone in like half a second!

This game is Classic, Old...Old School COD in every way, which will be good for some, Not for others. Depends what you are looking for.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Re: COD WWII beta impressions

Postby joeandcasey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:28 am

Good first night in the beta. Sorry I didn't want to join in the group. I wanted to get a feel for the game by myself. For the 1.5 hours or so I played it. It was typical beta.Core did not feel that Core-ish (2 shot with the Garand. Will give input after i have more time in game.
joeandcasey
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby pand » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:54 am

I only got on for 2 rounds in the early evening before I was out for the night. I enjoyed what little I did play, I'm hoping to play for most of the night tonight. It's definitely has an old school COD feel to it.

I've read a lot of reddit this morning and watched a few more videos on youtube. I find it funny how people complained when things went vertical and wanted call of duty to go back to boots on the ground and now are saying its the same call of duty.... what do people want? haha
pand
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Presti71 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:43 am

Yeah, everybody who complained they wanted "old school" COD back, shouldn't be complaining about this game. It's as Old School as you can get! :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby jmay44 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:05 pm

I played 3 games last night. I liked it, but then again, the reason I stopped playing COD was it turned far too futuristic for me. As long as they did not go to stick figures with guns, I was probably going to like this game.
I don't play enough anymore to be able to pick at some of the finer points. Graphics look good to me but I have a limited sample to compare them to. I had a lot of fun playing the "War" mode. That would be a blast with a team of guys playing together with coms.
I like the smaller maps as it limits sniping.
jmay44
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby joeandcasey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:49 pm

Beta is live early boys
joeandcasey
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby pand » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:32 pm

So what's everyone thinking?

I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked. I didn't hate the game, but I didn't love it. I find it really hard to play core and not have a chance to play hardcore.

I cancelled my pre-order based on the fact I got the impression it wasn't well received with everyone and I don't want to buy it and not play it like I did with IW. Ultimately I'm undecided on the game, I've really enjoyed BF1 and happy to keep playing it for the time being.

So who's getting it? What are you all thinking?
pand
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby leclerk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm

I may get it for hardcore if there's interest in the clan. If there's no interest I'm going to have to pick up destiny or something crazy like that.
[ img ]
Thanks to Cabot for the avatar!
leclerk
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby garzamercado » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm

it was okay, not sure enough to get me away from destiny2 or battlefront 2
garzamercado
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Bigmike426hemi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

I tried it but only a couple of matches. Didn't have a lot of time. Was ok but I'm with Garza not going to pull me away from D2. Clerk you would have fun playing Destiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F. I. D. O.[ img ]
Bigmike426hemi
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby joeandcasey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm

I will get it.

When we learn the maps and communicate, we were doing well. There were still issues with getting turned on after you shoot someone, when first bullets were in them. I think also knowing how much the gun attachments work with other and that might fix some of it.

I also felt the need to run around a lot, which is stupid but I do that in Beta's and a tendency in OBJ play.

There was one night on hardpoint that we one 5 or 6 in a row, which reminded me of the HC HQ days (can't remember which game, or like how we were in CTF in the original BO)
Usual campers here and there, or the inexplicable 45-3 guy.

I am going to give it a fair shot. If I am not having fun I will stop playing it.

Do we know if there are dedicated servers? I know the Beta did not.
joeandcasey
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Return to COD WWII