MAAN on local West Palm Beach, FL News - FINALLY!!

General News forum. Please only use for important News & Announcements, as the topics will be listed on the News block of the Portal.
Forum rules
Do not create new posts in this forum unless it is an important announcement pertaining to the MAAN clan or its members. Topics posted here will be shown in the News block of the Portal page. Thanks for your cooperation!

Re: MAAN on local West Palm Beach, FL News

Postby bourski » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:56 am

Good Luck, Arch. Break a leg, as they say.
bourski
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby gtree10 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:24 pm

cc_Architect wrote:Today's the day for the interview. Wish me luck. Hopefully I don't come across as an :asshat:.... It'll be interesting what they have to say after this. I'm wondering what type of angle they are looking for. I'll be leaving work around 11:30 and back around 2:00. I'll let you all know how it went when I get back.

Any update, we haven't heard how it went.
You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you!!!!

[ img ]
gtree10
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby cc_Architect » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:38 pm

It went awesome. We had a good sit down interview that lasted about 20 mins. Then we came up to my MAAN Cave (the office) and showed them the site. They filmed our Portal page and the map. I also read some MAAN scripture from our forum. You'll have to wait to see what threads I read. I had to find one that didn't have :asshat: plastered all over it. LOL

Then the best thing happened........they said they wanted to get some footage of me playing. Maan, that was cool. I fired up the PS3 and COD (c'mon, did you want me to show them how I get constantly owned?) and jumped into a TDM. But first Rikki_Boy and Velocity both spammed me with invites.....don't you guys have a job?!! LOL So I got in the game, picked one of the SAW guns and ran around and tore shit up. I was owning those guys/kids on at 1:30 in the afternoon. It was a good time to bring my A game. I completely zoned out and forgot they were even filming....at one point I turned around to make sure they were still back there. The funny thing though is that I had a nice button-up shirt and tie on, my normal work outfit. Who plays video games wearing a tie....LOL

All-in-all it went really well. The reporter is 28 and looking to propose to his girlfriend in a couple of months, so we might have another member. He's already got the PS3 (eventhough, he's sent it in twice for repairs).
[ img ]
PSN ID: cc_Architect
Official MAAN Merchandise at http://www.cafepress.com/maan_clan and http://www.zazzle.com/cc_architect
cc_Architect
Founder of MAAN
Founder of MAAN

Postby jandtng » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:45 pm

cc_Architect wrote:It went awesome. We had a good sit down interview that lasted about 20 mins. Then we came up to my MAAN Cave (the office) and showed them the site. They filmed our Portal page and the map. I also read some MAAN scripture from our forum. You'll have to wait to see what threads I read. I had to find one that didn't have :asshat: plastered all over it. LOL

Then the best thing happened........they said they wanted to get some footage of me playing. Maan, that was cool. I fired up the PS3 and COD (c'mon, did you want me to show them how I get constantly owned?) and jumped into a TDM. But first Rikki_Boy and Velocity both spammed me with invites.....don't you guys have a job?!! LOL So I got in the game, picked one of the SAW guns and ran around and tore shit up. I was owning those guys/kids on at 1:30 in the afternoon. It was a good time to bring my A game. I completely zoned out and forgot they were even filming....at one point I turned around to make sure they were still back there. The funny thing though is that I had a nice button-up shirt and tie on, my normal work outfit. Who plays video games wearing a tie....LOL

All-in-all it went really well. The reporter is 28 and looking to propose to his girlfriend in a couple of months, so we might have another member. He's already got the PS3 (eventhough, he's sent it in twice for repairs).

Shit, that's awesome MAAN, can't wait to see the footage!! :beers:
Geaux Saints
[ img ]
PSNid jandtng for MAG and Red Dead Redemption
jandtng
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby gtree10 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:15 pm

cc_Architect wrote: I completely zoned out and forgot they were even filming....at one point I turned around to make sure they were still back there.

Of course you zoned out, that's what we all do.
You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you!!!!

[ img ]
gtree10
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby ipd19 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Thats great archie, can't wait to see it. you do us all proud.
ipd19
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby BADDPAPA » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Arch,,that is sssooo GREAT :D i'am so proud and glad to be part of THIS clan MAAN :beers: :)
BADDPAPA
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby fried_blowney » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:49 am

:O did my Rock Band videos get national exposure? You shouldn't have, Arch! You my bestest friend in the whole wide world!!!
[ img ]

RIP A_BLK_DUDE :(
fried_blowney
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby PlayAngry » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:35 am

Arch, that's awesome MAAN. Hopefully we'll all be able to see it sometime. Oh and I sometimes play in a tie if I beat the wife home and try to get in some quick :gun: before the nightly routine gets underway. Any, sounds like you did a great job. Makes me proud to don the MAAN tag. :beers: to you.
And, oh yeah, since you're like a celeb and all now and I know you won't forget the little MAANs' (HA!), can we expect some Archie autographed apparel and collectibles in the MAAN store? Maybe an Archie bobblehead with a pull string that talks a lot and spouts out MAANisms. Oh wait, that would be Casper. Lol.
PlayAngry

Postby Nevadan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm

cc_Architect wrote:The funny thing though is that I had a nice button-up shirt and tie on, my normal work outfit.

It's great you were wearing a tie. Perfect for the MAAN theme and makes us look more professional.

[ img ]
Nevadan
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby BD-61 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm all for the bobblehead.
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes, it rains. Think about it."
[ img ]
BD-61
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby jandtng » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 pm

bdasa wrote:I'm all for the bobblehead.

bobble head of who???

[ img ]
Geaux Saints
[ img ]
PSNid jandtng for MAG and Red Dead Redemption
jandtng
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Cabot500 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Hahahaha Archies going to hunt you down!
Cabot500
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby BD-61 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm

That is too funny.
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes, it rains. Think about it."
[ img ]
BD-61
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby cc_Architect » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 pm

LMFuckingAO!!!! Good stuff jand..... :asshat: I'll be getting you back for sure...don't know how....don't know when....but I'll have my revenge!!!! :finger: :fist: :spanked: :mean: :fingerinhole: :D
[ img ]
Official MAAN Merchandise at http://www.cafepress.com/maan_clan and http://www.zazzle.com/cc_architect
cc_Architect
Founder of MAAN
Founder of MAAN

Postby Zombie-007 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:53 pm

cc_Architect wrote:The reporter is 28 and looking to propose to his girlfriend in a couple of months, so we might have another member. He's already got the PS3.

That is fucking hysterical.

And BTW glad to hear it went well. I think it is funny that you were playing with your shirt and tie on. Bummed you did not use Warhawk though... LOL.
Zombie-007
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby cc_Architect » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Zombie, I was going to but I didn't think showing how well I could get owned was the best representation for us. :noob: Plus, COD was already in so I just went with it. I did tear shit up the little while I played COD. :gun:
[ img ]
cc_Architect
Founder of MAAN
Founder of MAAN

Postby SocomDank » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm

You got an air date or link to it or anything? Throw me a bone...lol
SocomDank

Postby Sirbob » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Atta way to represent Arch! :beers:
Sirbob

Postby cc_Architect » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Air date: MAY 1st
Link: there should be one up on there website after the show, if not I'll put one up some how. I'm going to record it three different ways just incase.
[ img ]
cc_Architect
Founder of MAAN
Founder of MAAN

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements