David VonderHaar speaks about HC modes/playlists

All discussion related to COD Black Ops 3

David VonderHaar speaks about HC modes/playlists

Postby shekkie75 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Hello,
We go through this every release. I get it. Hardcore players are hardcore & want hardcore modes separated into their own playlists.
Every release, we need to have the same conversation with you. Your playlists (with the exception of Hardcore Team Deathmatch) are low population which makes supporting good match results very difficult.
If we do add Hardcore Kill Confirmed and Hardcore Domination, you will drawn down the population of Hardcore Search & Destroy as we well as Hardcore Capture the Flag even more, and could possible make those playlists unsustainable. They are already on the bubble.
Then, every release, we have the same conversation about a "moshpit" style Hardcore playlists. Bombs and Flags, anyone? That makes some happy and alienates everyone else.
Let's be clear about something. It's not like we don't want you to be able to play public HARCORE matches of the type you want. However, we still need to balance the needs of the many with the needs of the few.
We are still talking it over. You are not being ignored. Whatever we do, know that we will have to make tough decisions about what can stay. At a certain point, a playlist is no longer viable because the population can't drive it.
I'd like to share you with my personal opinion. HARDCORE is fun! I grew up on it. I understand the appeal. I really do. I'm 43. I no longer have the reflexes of the young men and women I run into in CORE. I get crushed in most CORE modes. I like being how HARDCORE rewards me for slower, smarter play. However, it's just a fact that I am in the minority. Driving the best matchmaking results must be a priority.
-V

Comments and original post are here ------ https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comm ... playlists/
Certified Conversation Engineer
[ img ]
shekkie75
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Re: David VonderHaar speaks about HC modes/playlists

Postby Presti71 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Thanks Shekkie! I'm always happy to see any Devs get ahead of things & speak out plainly about game issues.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Reaper6181979 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:01 pm

David is one of the devs that does this kind of talk alot. Love it
Reaper6181979
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby prochargedKOTA » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:01 pm

HC Dom and HC KC added. https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar

David Vonderhaar

@DavidVonderhaar

33.16.18.* Uplink time glitch; Spawn finessing; Hardcore Domination & Kill Confirmed; CTF added to Arena Pro Series. +more
prochargedKOTA
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby CharlesHustle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Seems like they could find a way to make some Hard Core modes only available during peak periods. But of course...people will still bitch that are unable to pay during those times.
Respect the CoC.
CharlesHustle
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby tward392 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:33 am

I've never had a problem getting into a game in any of the hardcore lists..... No matter what time of the day/night.
tward392
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby joeandcasey » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:08 pm

tward392 wrote:I've never had a problem getting into a game in any of the hardcore lists..... No matter what time of the day/night.

Its probably your connection.
joeandcasey
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Reaper6181979 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:00 am

I just got to say I am loving Hardcore now that ive been playing with the groups - Used to hate it but DAMN so much fun now
Reaper6181979
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Return to COD Black Ops 3 General Discussion