Bungies State of the Game

Main forum for all things related to Destiny games.

Moderator: Game Moderators

Re: Bungies State of the Game

Postby zwdiesel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 am

Remember year 1 Destiny?
[ img ]
I bet you were a hot two year old!
zwdiesel
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby KryptosPhantom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 am

Yea, folks complained about that one too.
MAAN Float: 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016

[ img ]
KryptosPhantom
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Rigg44 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:21 pm

KryptosPhantom wrote:Yea, folks complained about that one too.

+1
Rigg44
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Presti71 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:41 pm

So is today's update & DLC worth coming back for?! I haven't played in a bit!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby KryptosPhantom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Downloaded..... will be playing shortly.
Hit me up, if you see me on.

[ img ]
KryptosPhantom
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby NealyPlum » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Curse of the Loading Screens...
NealyPlum
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby NealyPlum » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Sweet, weasel.
NealyPlum
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby KryptosPhantom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 pm

MAN...... The Clan XP is ROLLING in!!! :shock:

[ img ]
KryptosPhantom
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby KryptosPhantom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm

So.... After about an hour of grinding the solo stuff on Mercury, I gained essentially nothing. It's just "story".
However, just by doing this, allowed my Titan to visit Master Rahool, and buy Engrams. As many as I want.
I took my 297 Titan to 302, just buy purchasing engrams. Some were higher level armor that were MUCH needed.
Some were weapons, most of which weren't, however, they were a higher level that what I had, so I gained just from that.
So, there ya go. If you're not at 305, here's a quick and easy way to level up.
There were no "big" bosses killed to get here either. Very easy, so far (and I've not completed the new missions yet...)

[ img ]
KryptosPhantom
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby KryptosPhantom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Oh.. just took the 302 Titan to 303, as I collected Ikora "gift".

[ img ]
KryptosPhantom
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby BD-61 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:18 pm

Finished the story and working on Adventures. Haven’t gotten into the grind yet. It was pretty challenging for me as a 303 Warlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes, it rains. Think about it."
[ img ]
BD-61
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby NealyPlum » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 am

Well, got through the story of the DLC. It was meh, not like terrible or anything but pretty meh. Final story boss was fun, I won't spoil it but it was pretty neat.

Positives...
*story not bad
*encounters in the forest are fun
*one cinematic shows VoG, that was cool

I guess in the end, there was nothing "new" about it. *Mechanics part of the final fight have been largely done before.
*The "new" vex... Are mostly old vex, from D1 VoG (there is a new harpy type).
*All the adds play the same which was disappointing, I was hoping for some new add mechanics, new weak spots at least.
*Gaurdian still doesn't talk, and it gets more and more irritating with every cut scene, which there are a lot of. Some of which would be way better with some strain noises... Maybe a grunt... But no, basically a mime.
*error codes and contacting servers was def still a thing.
*I haven't done PvP, probably won't. Based on several reviews there is a Vex Mythoclast 2.0 called the Prometheus Eye. It's basically a red cold eye, that adds a 15 DoT burn... I think it has a .375 TTK? Look up videos if u r curious, it looks pretty broken.
*I spent 600 shards on the cryptarch's new engram feature... Got 1 new sidearm. It's 25 shards each....
*half of the new story is running through old levels with some new dialog. One was really stupid "we have to get this thing from the well" *10 min later* "its not here, guess its back on Mercury". Lol what?
*two tokens and a blue confirmed. Did the new event once, got two tokens and a blue.

I mean, a lot of people read reviews and looked up streamer notes and all that. Everyone knew this wasn't a large addition to the world, that this wasn't going to be the "fix" that the game needs to bring people back. But it was supposed to be that "first step". I didn't feel it was, if anything it just reminded me of the issues. It feels clunky, turning is a chore. In BF1 you can turn that input lag off, D2 you just have to adapt to it (on console).

TL:DR
After playing through the story, I don't see a reason to return to Destiny 2. I'll wait until there is something new. If a few buddies are on I'll be glad to help, but honestly you won't need it. If u haven't bought the DLC, I would wait and bundle with the next one.
NealyPlum
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Alucard » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 am

DLC was way too short, quick leveling up from 305 to 310 after the first play through, would imagine much higher after the next two play throughs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alucard
MAAN Applicant
MAAN Applicant

Postby garzamercado » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 am

Went from 305 to 316 by doing weekly stuff and strikes first. Got to 319 after 4 story sections.
garzamercado
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby tastyfish » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am

I've had fun with it so far. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's good to have new gear to earn and more progression. The final boss was pretty cool, but none of the story missions were hard in any way. All in all, I'm happy with it. More things to do, more weekly milestones, etc. Heroic strikes are just higher level (still lower than us) strikes, but at least there is a milestone for completing three of them. I like that the raid was brought up to current level, my regular group went through it last night and got meaningful rewards again. I am looking forward to new one when it releases.
tastyfish
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby Rigg44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:34 pm

So far I have enjoyed it. The Story is as reported by others, nothing special but nothing bad either. The new maps in crucible are fun and the few new weapons I have gotten are good. The Omolon AR that Ikora gives as a story reward is great. I am not sure why but hand cannons seems to be stronger in the crucible now. I got a new Suros variant hand cannon (cant remember the name) and it was great in PvP. Next I need to unlock the weapon forge so that I can craft the DLC unique weapons. As with all things Destiny the story was just the entree.
Rigg44
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Jkar275 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

I finished the Curse of Osiris story with my Hunter last night. It's nothing particularly special but it's not awful either.
I was disappointed that I couldn't find any scannable items. Is it just me or was anyone else able to find new scannable items?

It is good to have a new planet (Mercury) to land on - but it only has 1 landing spot. I haven't had the chance to fully explore Mercury yet but it appears to be much less intersting than the main game's locations in terms of exploring.
Jkar275
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Dead-Center » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:42 pm

NealyPlum wrote:Well, got through the story of the DLC. It was meh, not like terrible or anything but pretty meh. Final story boss was fun, I won't spoil it but it was pretty neat.

Positives...
*story not bad
*encounters in the forest are fun
*one cinematic shows VoG, that was cool

I guess in the end, there was nothing "new" about it. *Mechanics part of the final fight have been largely done before.
*The "new" vex... Are mostly old vex, from D1 VoG (there is a new harpy type).
*All the adds play the same which was disappointing, I was hoping for some new add mechanics, new weak spots at least.
*Gaurdian still doesn't talk, and it gets more and more irritating with every cut scene, which there are a lot of. Some of which would be way better with some strain noises... Maybe a grunt... But no, basically a mime.
*error codes and contacting servers was def still a thing.
*I haven't done PvP, probably won't. Based on several reviews there is a Vex Mythoclast 2.0 called the Prometheus Eye. It's basically a red cold eye, that adds a 15 DoT burn... I think it has a .375 TTK? Look up videos if u r curious, it looks pretty broken.
*I spent 600 shards on the cryptarch's new engram feature... Got 1 new sidearm. It's 25 shards each....
*half of the new story is running through old levels with some new dialog. One was really stupid "we have to get this thing from the well" *10 min later* "its not here, guess its back on Mercury". Lol what?
*two tokens and a blue confirmed. Did the new event once, got two tokens and a blue.

I mean, a lot of people read reviews and looked up streamer notes and all that. Everyone knew this wasn't a large addition to the world, that this wasn't going to be the "fix" that the game needs to bring people back. But it was supposed to be that "first step". I didn't feel it was, if anything it just reminded me of the issues. It feels clunky, turning is a chore. In BF1 you can turn that input lag off, D2 you just have to adapt to it (on console).

TL:DR
After playing through the story, I don't see a reason to return to Destiny 2. I'll wait until there is something new. If a few buddies are on I'll be glad to help, but honestly you won't need it. If u haven't bought the DLC, I would wait and bundle with the next one.

Gun is called Prometheus Eye and in my one game of PVP I have played since CoO everyone but me had it. It's like an infinite range light saber and was very annoying
Dead-Center
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby tastyfish » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Dead-Center wrote:Gun is called Prometheus Eye and in my one game of PVP I have played since CoO everyone but me had it. It's like an infinite range light saber and was very annoying

They already say it should be fixed in Tuesday's update. Meanwhile, Xur is selling it...
tastyfish
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Previous

Return to Destiny Series