BFBC 2 - This time next year

Post anything related to BFBC2 here. Got info regarding the newest patch or Booster pack? Post it here.

Moderator: Game Moderators

BFBC 2 - This time next year

Postby JSiN-802 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:11 pm

the article doesn't say much else. guess they scrapped their plans to 'finish' the first one.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/03/ea-co ... ny-sequel/
JSiN-802
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Re: BFBC 2 - This time next year

Postby Barcode-liilliil » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:08 am

im not gonna hold my breath on the next one, i was hella excited with the 1st one which was 3 years in develpement and EA dropped the ball, EA lost a die hard BF fan with BFBC
[ img ]
PSNID = Barcode-liilliil / Fr0zen-Kold
GAMERTAG = Fr0zen Kold
Barcode-liilliil

Postby BuddyChrist37 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:10 am

Same here BC. I saw this mentioned in a Game Informer magazine. I got excited until I remembered my disappointment with the prolonged issues with the first one. Although, the campaign mode on the first one was worth the 60 bucks.
Sent from repositioning the transmission dish on the remote truck to 17.32 degrees east, hit WESTAR 4 over the Atlantic, bounce the signal back into the aerosphere up to COMSAT 6, beam it back to SATCOM 2 transmitter number 137 and back, using Tapatalk
BuddyChrist37
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Jeff257 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:34 am

BuddyChrist37 wrote:Same here BC. I saw this mentioned in a Game Informer magazine. I got excited until I remembered my disappointment with the prolonged issues with the first one. Although, the campaign mode on the first one was worth the 60 bucks.

Yep the campaign mode was worth the money but the online aspect ddint live up to what it could have been. I may pass up the sequel and not even bother getting it.
Jeff257
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby rmm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:13 am

it was a really great game that broke my heart. i'll wait for a demo to see if mics work, and maybe some clan support
shorttricky wrote:If that's really what you think, you need to pick up some books and learn some shit.
rmm
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Da_Ridge » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:38 am

I may just get it for the story line, im still find my self playing the story line on the BFBC (on expert)

I just wish someone would follow the set up of the Game like the BF 2 PC version. It had everything u needed. Planes, tanks, uav's, and the Squad system was great. You didnt have to listen to the commander,
Da_Ridge
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby bergen007 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:04 pm

no way in hell.not after that clusterF with the first one.did they ever get the mics to work?
bergen007

Postby topodisc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:12 pm

bergen007 wrote:no way in hell.not after that clusterF with the first one.did they ever get the mics to work?

Mics do work since the patch. But you can only communicate within your squad. I usually mute my end and turn the volume down as it does pick up the sounds of the TV sometimes from the other parties (it's open mic). I always play conquest so the objectives are pretty clear. There are 5 areas of the map that you fight for control over. Usually very little communication is required as you can see where your team members are and which areas are under attack.
topodisc
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby bergen007 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:30 pm

topodisc wrote:
bergen007 wrote:no way in hell.not after that clusterF with the first one.did they ever get the mics to work?

Mics do work since the patch. But you can only communicate within your squad. I usually mute my end and turn the volume down as it does pick up the sounds of the TV sometimes from the other parties (it's open mic). I always play conquest so the objectives are pretty clear. There are 5 areas of the map that you fight for control over. Usually very little communication is required as you can see where your team members are and which areas are under attack.

thanks Topo.but im still burned from the first one :x
bergen007

Postby ShadowDarkStorm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:40 pm

So would you guys recommend the first one since it's less than $30 for at least the single campaign.
ShadowDarkStorm

Postby rmm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:44 pm

ShadowDarkStorm wrote:So would you guys recommend the first one since it's less than $30 for at least the single campaign.

i'd say so

even the multiplayer was fantastic, just died cause it was so hard to communicate, and no communication outside your squad at all. the destructible environments were cool, the classes were well thought out, and the gameplay was lag free for the most part. i havne't played since the update really, but only cause i never see anyone on it.
Last edited by rmm on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shorttricky wrote:If that's really what you think, you need to pick up some books and learn some shit.
rmm
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby topodisc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm

ShadowDarkStorm wrote:So would you guys recommend the first one since it's less than $30 for at least the single campaign.

You probably already know that my answer would be yes. I've been advocating this game from the start, and despite its issues, I still find it a fun game to play.
topodisc
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Jkar275 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

I found the BFBC multiplayer to be very disappointing due to lack of motion control for vehicles; being too easy to get killed; and poor VOIP. Originally, I was very excited about this game because the demo was a great deal of fun. I wound up pre-ordering this game and later regretted it. I will not spend one cent on a purchase of BFBC 2 until I rent it first & see if it's really worth it this time around.
Jkar275
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Jkar275 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:36 pm

rmm wrote:[even the multiplayer was fantastic, just died cause it was so hard to communicate, and no communication outside your squad at all. the destructible environments were cool, the classes were well thought out, and the gameplay was lag free for the most part. i havne't played since the update really, but only cause i never see anyone on it.

If you like destructible environments - keep a close watch on the upcoming game named Red Faction Guerilla which is a sci-fi 3rd person shooter which is focusing on destructible environments.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14235419.html
Jkar275
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby TDL4LIFE » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:42 pm

I know i'll end up with the next one. Even though I was bummed out at the start of it. The campain was great and the multi player is fun. Since the patch its alot better. Might just have to pop this one back in let me know if you get it Shadow.
TDL4LIFE
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Postby rmm » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 am

Jkar275 wrote:If you like destructible environments - keep a close watch on the upcoming game named Red Faction Guerilla which is a sci-fi 3rd person shooter which is focusing on destructible environments.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14235419.html

i've been keeping an eye on it :thumby: i really liked the first one

i'll keep an eye open for people in BFBC
rmm
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Da_Ridge » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Still playing mine, Im determined to get 99% of the TH for this game.
FYI, i even still pop in the the PC version BF2, sporting the MAAN tag.
Da_Ridge
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Return to BF:BC 2 General Discussion