Battlefield World Premiere (Battlefield 1)

Post anything related to BFBC here. Got info regarding the newest patch or Booster pack? Post it here.

Moderator: Game Moderators

Re: Battlefield World Premiere

Postby Boat- » Fri May 13, 2016 12:13 am

Dedicated Servers and Server Browser are confirmed!
[ img ]

“When you put your hand into a bunch of goo... that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.”

- General George S. Patton
Boat-
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Presti71 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:41 am

SWEET! Smart Move!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Starski100 » Sun May 15, 2016 10:51 am

This game should be a lot of fun.
Starski100
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby pacmanlives » Mon May 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Really excited for a battlefield game. Have not been interested in them since BF3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MAKE LOVE NOT WARHAWK
[ img ]
pacmanlives
MAAN Manager
MAAN Manager

Postby Getusum03 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:58 am

Just a video talking about and exexplaining this info:

-Most weapons allow bayonets, altering handling, adjusting magnification, skins.
-Sniper rifles most effective when you're at the right distance.
-Melee weapons have different stats as well as attack speeds.
-Bulletproof velocity increased.
-6 classes of weapons. Shotguns, smgs, semi auto, lmgs, side arms, sniper rifles.
-Weapons can blast holes in walls (?)
-Weapons are more focused and also have presets. Some have up to 3
-grenades, frag, incendiary, gas and more
-firing sound changes when ammo is low.
-video is referencing official website, interview with weapons designer Julian Schimak.
- source : https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/weapons
Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Re: Battlefield World Premiere (Battlefield 1)

Postby jackel-delta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Just read that on live ea there will be a stream of Multiplayer at 1pm PT!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
jackel-delta
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Presti71 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Yes!

Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Starski100 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Awesome! This game can take my money too.
Starski100
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby kiniva21 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Post comments anyone that watches live. Hope to find a recording to watch later...
kiniva21
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Presti71 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Starting now! :)

Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Presti71 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Opening Statement summarized: "We're letting people play our games this week, we want to hear what you liked & didn't like, as long as you played it!"

EA basically telling us Not to listen to armchair Trolls! :)

Presti71
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby jackel-delta » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Wow this looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
jackel-delta
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby BD-61 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Looks badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes, it rains. Think about it."
[ img ]
BD-61
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Getusum03 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:19 pm

There is a currency system that is going to be in battlefield 1 called Warbonds much like there is in hardline, it will be used to to purchase skins and attachments.

[ img ]
Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Getusum03 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Battlefield 1 Beta release date is unknown, but EA Dice says it will go live sometime during the summer months. Summer ends Sept. 21st so perhaps before then.

[ img ]
Last edited by Getusum03 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Getusum03 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:40 pm

The biggest change to the Conquest ticket system since BF1942.

after carefully watching the stream , I have realized that DICE has completely up-ended how Conquest games are won. And, in my humble opinion, it's excited me the most for BF1!
Conquest "tickets" no longer count down, but Conquest "points" count up
Conquest points are only awarded in a linear fashion and are only awarded by flags
Ticket bleed, then, has been completely removed. 1 kill = -1 ticket enemy team or 1 death = -1 ticket your team is also gone.

You can notice this by observing that Conquest points never go down, only up. Conquest points do not move up when a kill is awarded and certainly do not match the kill count at the end of a round. By carefully measuring the point counters and # of flags, I have reached this conclusion:

Conquest points are only awarded in 2 scenarios:
after capping a flag, 1 (one) Conquest point is immediately given to the team who captured the flag
each flag every second gives 0.0625 Conquest points to the team that owns that flag (1 flag = 16 seconds to obtain 1 Conquest Point; 2 flags = 8 seconds to obtain 1 Conquest point; 3 flags = 5.3 seconds to obtain 1 Conquest point, 4 flags = 4 seconds to obtain 1 Conquest point)

The implications of this are massive.
Kills and deaths never directly accounted for the majority of tickets lost (that honor was held by ticket bleed). And now, they have no direct bearing on the score. removing their direct influence entirely. However, if your squad of 5 was holding an important defensive position on a flag and you all died--then, indirectly, your deaths have had an effect because the enemy team can cap the flag.
RIP ticket bleed: now, controlling a majority of flags will only give you a linear benefit. This new mechanic is 1000x easier to understand for newer players.
RIP metagame of not spawning: if, at the end of a close game, your team was down in tickets, but had bleed in your favor, you could eke out a win by reducing spawning. I loved this a lot; it always made great comeback stories. However, this mechanic was rarely explained to new players and thus any random player could join and screw up the entire metagame, causing a loss. I'm OK with it leaving and instead games are now won by keeping an offensive/defensive line.
Offensive/defensive lines are now incredibly important. The stream showed a 6-flag map: thus, much of the game was fought 3-3 or 4-2/2-4 in terms of flags. Since kills cannot make up for ticket bleed, now every second is crucial. Offensive and defensive lines, even if broken just once or twice in a game, can cost you the entire round. Thus, comebacks do not come because your team had more players who were aware of a critical, yet unexplained mechanic...but by actually just playing the game: cap the flags!
KDR's psychological influence has been greatly diminished. Kills, by themselves, do NOTHING directly for your team. Only if they are kills in a valuable position and that kill allows you / your teammates to move forward onto a flag.

I'm ecstatic DICE took this direction. This alone has made me quite enthused about BF1.

Source:

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-1- ... /?52ad3e56
Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Getusum03 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Introducing A New Way To Play Battlefield, Starting With Battlefield 4
Try out the new Battlefield user interface, designed to improve the experience of playing with friends.
By
Dan Mitre
We're always looking for new ways to improve your Battlefield experience. While we're currently hard at work creating Battlefield 1, we still want to improve the experience for past Battlefield games – changes that will help unite Battlefield players regardless of whether they're playing Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, or Battlefield 1 in October. That's why we're happy to introduce something that will provide a more intuitive and centralized experience.

The new Battlefield user interface is designed to improve the experience of playing with friends and to bring relevant content to your attention.

Now, you're able to create a Squad before you actually enter into a game. Being able to join up with your friends and join into a game together makes it a much smoother experience, and helps make sure you're able to spawn on your buddies as soon as you're in the game.

There are other changes as well that you'll want to see for yourself, like a recommendation engine to suggest maps, modes, and more, giving you a more relevant and fine-tuned experience that quickly gets you to the things you want to do.

This new UI is currently rolling out in beta form in Battlefield 4 for a small audience, and we’ll have more information on additional testing opportunities in the coming months. This will also be released with Battlefield 1 (and Battlefield Hardline soon after that). Once it's rolled out for all three games, you'll be able to easily swap between the games as long as you own them. Want to jump from St. Quentin Scar in Battlefield 1 to the skyscrapers of Shanghai in Battlefield 4? It'll be easier than ever.

Let us know what you think, and stay tuned for more updates as we approach the release of Battlefield 1 on October 21.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/articl ... cale=en-us
Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Boat- » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:22 pm

wow, very impressive on both!
[ img ]

“When you put your hand into a bunch of goo... that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.”

- General George S. Patton
Boat-
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Getusum03 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Here is a video of an official closed alpha MP gameplay from westie he states in the video that chances are you will not hear the info anywhere else and that he will do his best to clear up any info you may have heard about BF 1 that is speculation.

I also seen in the video where he used the gas mask and you could still see pretty well.

I had to post the link here because it would not let you watch it if you are not signed into YouTube from wherever you pull up the maanclan forums at (in whatever browser you may use, like I use Safari.)

P. S. Very good info here enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXeMVV9qxNQ
Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Getusum03 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:25 pm

More good info from closed alpha

Getusum03
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Previous

Return to BF:BC General Discussion