Battlefield Bad Company tips

Post anything related to BFBC here. Got info regarding the newest patch or Booster pack? Post it here.

Moderator: Game Moderators

Battlefield Bad Company tips

Postby topodisc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Now that you've had a chance to play, share your tips with others to bring them up to speed.

On foot:
Press L3 to run - you can't fire your weapon, but you can cover those open distances quicker
Press R3 to crouch
Press L1 to look through your weapon's sights. Fire in short bursts
To switch to your blade, press triangle. Use it to break down boarded up doors/windows or to break through a wooden fence.
topodisc
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Re: Battlefield Bad Company tips

Postby drtybrd83 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:52 pm

When playing as a sniper on defense, I try to get to a vantage point that gives a good view for inbound troop and vehicles, but I also make sure I can see the enemy base with my laser designator. That way if I'm in between waves of attackers I can paint a vehicle and keep the bombs falling. Since the bomb is now headed in the general direction of the enemy spawn point (assuming they are not all spawning with their squad) you can search for recently occupied vehicles while the bomb is en route and take them out long before they are a threat. If no vehicles are occupied you can still take them out so they can't be used for a while at least. Remember, if you can't see an enemy vehicle, you can paint a rooftop gun to get the bomb inbound!
[ img ]

A 9mm may expand, but a .45 will never shrink.
drtybrd83
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby casper1775 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm

be support role.. 15 points for healing and 10 points for repair.. :welcome:
[ img ]
2011 MAAN NFL League Champion!..
casper1775
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby Saffmeister » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:31 pm

casper1775 wrote:be support role.. 15 points for healing and 10 points for repair.. :welcome:

Someone had mentioned earlier (I think it was ish) about how important the support role was. The only drawback is that you don't have anything to take out tanks with (bombs and such). However, healing people and machines and getting the occassional kill with that 150 round machine gun is just awesome. Also, if you are in a tank and can get on the other side of the marsh, river, or whatever that body of water is, you can rack up massive kills from the base. It's good to have two people though so that one can keep the rocket launchers at bay with the main cannons. The guns on the tank netted me an easy 100 points and we kept the other side on their toes. We probably would have won the game if everyone else wasn't afraid to activate the crates...damn wussies!
My mom lied. She said I had two strikes against me starting out in life. One was being black. The other was being a man. Thusfar, both have been nothing but a benefit!

[ img ]
Saffmeister
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Da_Ridge » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 am

Saffmeister wrote:
casper1775 wrote:be support role.. 15 points for healing and 10 points for repair.. :welcome:

Someone had mentioned earlier (I think it was ish) about how important the support role was. The only drawback is that you don't have anything to take out tanks with (bombs and such). However, healing people and machines and getting the occassional kill with that 150 round machine gun is just awesome. Also, if you are in a tank and can get on the other side of the marsh, river, or whatever that body of water is, you can rack up massive kills from the base. It's good to have two people though so that one can keep the rocket launchers at bay with the main cannons. The guns on the tank netted me an easy 100 points and we kept the other side on their toes. We probably would have won the game if everyone else wasn't afraid to activate the crates...damn wussies!

FYI,
Just like WH the Wrench(Power drill) will take out a tank. I wouldnt stand behind him though. I have taken out chief with the drill. Also the Drill will take out Walls and doors.
Da_Ridge
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby JSiN-802 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:16 pm

thanks to topo for this one.

R3 switches from first person to third person in vehicles. in general third seems better for driving and first for aim/ attacking.
JSiN-802
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby ishtarwarrior » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 am

If you are a Defender?

1. Recon/sniper = Barrett/laser designator
go directly to the Attacker base in the bushes and snipe the guy on the
Howitzer!

If you are an Attacker?

1. Recon/Sniper=Barrett/laser designator
go directly to the 2 story house, next to the bridge/fence snipe the snipers on the guns and the buildings, take out the tanks.
2. go to the far side of the house, in the bush! and snipe the snipers, gunners, and take out the tanks!!!

Personally I like being a Defender because you know what direction and
positively where the enemy is coming from and if you push them back enough you win!!! although Rebel would disagree with me on this one!!
[ img ]
Jandtng is the Bombiest Tagger
PSN = Maverik666
PSN = IshtarWarrior
and yes I am a girl!
CLICK TO BE LIKED
http://www.myspace.com/Maverik666
ishtarwarrior

Postby casper1775 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks MAV now I know were to find you LOL.. :doh:
[ img ]
2011 MAAN NFL League Champion!..
casper1775
MilitaryMAAN
MilitaryMAAN

Postby ishtarwarrior » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:09 am

casper1775 wrote:Thanks MAV now I know were to find you LOL.. :doh:

those are the obvious spots!!! however mr Casper i didn't specify exactly!!!
no dummy :guns: :gun: :gun: :gun:
[ img ]
PSN = Maverik666
PSN = IshtarWarrior
and yes I am a girl!
CLICK TO BE LIKED
ishtarwarrior

Postby tward392 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:04 am

When Defending, I like to take a tank and destroy the Artillery gun and anything else I can destroy before being killed....

Last night I got the gun, the helo while someone was getting into it, a tank, and a few people before I blew up.....
tward392
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Sirbob » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 pm

ishtarwarrior wrote:If you are a Defender?

1. Recon/sniper = Barrett/laser designator
go directly to the Attacker base in the bushes and snipe the guy on the
Howitzer!

If you are an Attacker?

1. Recon/Sniper=Barrett/laser designator
go directly to the 2 story house, next to the bridge/fence snipe the snipers on the guns and the buildings, take out the tanks.
2. go to the far side of the house, in the bush! and snipe the snipers, gunners, and take out the tanks!!!

Personally I like being a Defender because you know what direction and
positively where the enemy is coming from and if you push them back enough you win!!! although Rebel would disagree with me on this one!!

These are the first thing I light up and destroy when I'm defending. Everyone likes to use those. The bridge is a must "take out" also. The AA gun does a fast nice job of getting those things all opened up. It would be nice if the AA gun could aim a little lower. :D
Sirbob

Postby rmm » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:13 pm

dragunsmoke wrote:These are the first thing I light up and destroy when I'm defending. Everyone likes to use those. The bridge is a must "take out" also. The AA gun does a fast nice job of getting those things all opened up. It would be nice if the AA gun could aim a little lower. :D

the tank main guns should too

when i'm running around in a tank and i encounter another tank i like to take one good shot and then pop smoke, disengage, and then flank em. theyre not usually ready for that for some reason

when i'm attacking i like to take a tank by myself and switch seats regularly to take out personnel with the machine gun, and then blow up anything else i can with the main gun

i'm getting decent at hitting people aiming rocket launchers at me before they can get me
shorttricky wrote:If that's really what you think, you need to pick up some books and learn some shit.
rmm
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby ICETAURUS » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:28 pm

dragunsmoke wrote: It would be nice if the AA gun could aim a little lower. :D

If it could aim lower then you could shoot at tanks and take out bridge, huh, sirbob...lol
ICETAURUS

Postby Sirbob » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:36 pm

ICETAURUS wrote:
dragunsmoke wrote: It would be nice if the AA gun could aim a little lower. :D

If it could aim lower then you could shoot at tanks and take out bridge, huh, sirbob...lol

Exactly! I can take out the bridge with it, and tanks if I can catch them coming down the hill. Once the tanks get fairly close or are in the river, then I'm a sitting duck. :crap:
Sirbob

Postby rmm » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:55 pm

dragunsmoke wrote: Once the tanks get fairly close or are in the river, then I'm a sitting duck. :crap:

i usually wheel up to the hill just after crossing the first river to the left of the gun and blow the crap out of the AA ASAP

i've never been hit by anything when i sit up there shelling the joint
shorttricky wrote:If that's really what you think, you need to pick up some books and learn some shit.
rmm
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby Sirbob » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:03 am

rmm wrote:
dragunsmoke wrote: Once the tanks get fairly close or are in the river, then I'm a sitting duck. :crap:

i usually wheel up to the hill just after crossing the first river to the left of the gun and blow the crap out of the AA ASAP

i've never been hit by anything when i sit up there shelling the joint

There was a guy trying that last night. I made it through the first couple rounds of "shell shock", And just caught him coming sround the small forward house. I layed into him with the AA gun. He bailed out and I blew up the tank but couldn't see him. He must of been behind the tank because I didn't stop shooting and when it blew up and dissapeared, he went with it!
Sirbob

Postby topodisc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:53 pm

This forum (XBOX 360 - sorry) has lots of good info on BFBC.
topodisc
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby topodisc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am

Remember to open ports 3658 (peer-to-peer connection) and 6000 (VOIP) in your firewall (according to the BFBC game insert). The simplest is to just put your PS3 in the DMZ (ive it a static IP address and point the router DMZ to that).
topodisc
MAAN Member
MAAN Member

Postby ishtarwarrior » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:40 pm

topodisc wrote:Remember to open ports 3658 (peer-to-peer connection) and 6000 (VOIP) in your firewall (according to the BFBC game insert). The simplest is to just put your PS3 in the DMZ (ive it a static IP address and point the router DMZ to that).

I did that a long time ago when my PS3 first started to give me problems with
COD4...
[ img ]
PSN = Maverik666
PSN = IshtarWarrior
and yes I am a girl!
CLICK TO BE LIKED
ishtarwarrior

Postby lil_zuki » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Can anyone post how to fly the damn heli and the controls for effective shooting? I can't fly it for crap and I want to know how. It can really do some damage.
[ img ]
PSN ID: lil_zuki
COD4 ID: lil_zuki
lil_zuki

Next

Return to BF:BC General Discussion